About Me

My photo
Amazed at the many things this little DS platform can do. Aim to bring the full potential and all fun things the Japanese are already doing to the other side of the Pacific.





Friday, February 29, 2008

[Sangokushi Taisen DS] Fun with the Elephants

So for the first few weeks, I really couldn't figure out a good way of using the elephants. That changed when I discovered this card.





This card has a skill that costs only 3 morale units. The speed and attack will increase dramatically when this skill is used. But it will only move in a straight line and is uncontrollable for a moment.

So what's the use? Now you put this card close to your castle wall horizontally in battle. When there is enemy units crawling near your wall, deploy the skill of this card and sit back and relax. The elephant will push the enemies away from the wall. It will sweep across your wall area and when it reaches one end, it will go back and charge towards the other end. If you place the card near the one end when you use this skill, you can at least swap the wall area three times for the duration of it. And since the attack of the card is also significantly increased, it can really hold its own ground while clearing the enemies off the gate. And since the card can be positioned close to your own wall, you can thus recover its hit point fairly easily. It is a great and fun way for defense.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for the updates about ds games! also your hints for sangokushi taisen ds have proved to be invaluable! my name ingame is MACE and my friend code is: 485459781521 if you wanna play sometime:)
-Mace

Unknown said...

Very interesting card, and I am now worried about just how much strategy I'm missing out on because of the language barrier :D. How did you get a translation of this card? Is it the obvious answer: because you know Japanese at least somewhat, or are you using some other tool or method for getting card information? I have successfully used another elephant in quickly taking out the enemy base while the rest of my group ties up the enemy forces, but I don't know the name of the card (I'll post name later if requested). It's a pretty basic use of the elephant card, and until I get better at finding out card details (or you continue to make invaluable posts like this) it will continue to be my primary use.